Monday, July 21, 2008

Violet Vendetta interview/update

"I thought I would pass along some info about Simon's son Eden and his band for you. Eden is featured in the current issue of the indie publication Shut Up! Magazine in which I did a very insightful interview with him called Growing Up Cured. Also in the issue is a Fashion File piece about The Cure. The magazine can be purchased on www.interpunk.com

Eden's band Violet Vendetta just released their new album entitled Enter Geisha on June 4th and you can sample some of the songs on their myspace at www.myspace.com/violetvendettaband They also contributed to a upcoming compilation CD called High School Musical goes PUNK and that will be available for purchase soon on www.skunkaperecords.net" (Thanks Tracy)

9 comments:

  1. The little that I have heard from VV I have liked okay. It sounds more inspired by Metallica than anyone... but maybe I didn't listen hard enough.

    In any event, good luck to his band... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should take that back altogether... I am listening now and it sounds rather different. Pretty damn cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last names are ok:

    Gallup
    Cooper
    Smith

    and then
    Saunders :( Get a Thompson in there instead :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy good night Mary Ellen Ryan and all the saints in Ireland!!

    I had no idea Simon had a kid that was old enough to have his own band going!!

    My God. Just how old am I anyways? (Sobbing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, It's amazing how much Eden looks like Simon in some of those photos...It's interesting to see, he's a mix of Simon and sort of Nikki Sixx from Mötley Crüe. The Kimono song is pretty catchy actually. The other stuff is pretty good too. They've got potential if they keep it going. Some of their stuff reminds me of a mix between 80's and 90's music mixed with todays indie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally listened to all the songs at VV's site. My favorite one is Kimono. I like them all, though, to varying degrees. I wish them well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never saw Eden before, to me he looks very much like Mr Smith, hmmmm. His mother is Porl's sis, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi tonilost,very wrong just the same name no relation,often printed that she is but def is not

    ReplyDelete